It’s not pleasant to think about someone harming your aging parent or grandparent, but it’s something that happens each and every day here in the U.S. Physical abuse of the elderly is a serious problem, and is something that we strive to get justice for here at the KG Law Firm. If you or your loved one has suffered physical harm, you can rely on our team to fight for you. We will go the extra mile to get you the respect and compensation that you deserve, and put an end to the abuse. We all have the right to enjoy our golden years in peace, free from mistreatment and violence.
There are many different circumstances that may indicate the presence of elder abuse:
- Unexplained bruises, scrapes, or broken bones
- Missing, or overabundance of, medication
- Seeming fearful or intimidated around caretakers/family members
- Social isolation and/or withdrawal
- Sudden change in hygiene, eating habits, weight loss, etc…
- Unusual or unexplained depression, anxiety, or confusion
Under the law, the elderly are protected from physical abuse, and if you suspect an abusive situation, you can seek retribution with the combination of criminal investigation and legal counsel. At KG Law, we are proud to be dedicated abuse attorneys in Los Angeles, and we can help you. Get in touch with our firm today and ask for your free case review.